TAFFER’S BUTTERSCOTCH CANDIED WALNUTS & PECANS
A simple sweet treat. Toss these in salads, desserts or eat them as a snack!
- 1 cup Taffer’s Browned Butter Bourbon
- ½ lb Shelled Walnuts
- ½ lb Shelled Pecans
- 2 cups Raw Sugar
- 1 bottle Vegetable or Preferred Oil
- Bring water to boil in a large pot.
- Blanch the walnuts and pecans for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove them and spread on a sheet pan so they can air dry.
- In a separate bowl mix the Taffer’s Browned Butter Bourbon and sugar together.
- Add your dried walnuts and pecans.
- Ensure they are evenly coated with the sugar mixture.
- Lay out on a wire rack and allow excess to drip off.
- Preheat a sauce pot with at least four inches of vegetable oil or oil of preference.
- Allow oil to heat up to 380°F.
- Fry in small batches until most of the walnuts and pecans are floating.
- In between batches, make sure the oil returns to 380°F, otherwise it will not properly fry. Walnuts and pecans should have a shine and a crisp, sweet crunch. If they do not have a crunch feel free to refry. Careful not to burn.
- Remove and return to a clean wire rack to dry.
- Store in a dry arid place.